Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hair Loss and Scalp Pain?

Over the last year I have lost approx. 2/3rds of my hair. My hair has fallen out in large amounts and thinned extremely. Hair bands won't even stay in my hair anymore.



I am not loosing my hair in specific patches or spots, but the amount I am loosing does increase and decrese at times. My hair loss is accompanied by scalp pain. It feels like my hair was up to tight (despite it being down) The pain is in specific spots but I have not lost more hair in those spots. I have been to 2 dr.'s who have done multiple tests. My thyroid, blood, liver, and kidneys are all fine. I see no redness, itching, unusual peeling, scabbing, flaking, bumps, etc. My doctor said she saw no sign of any redness, infection, or other skin problem on my scalp but wants me to see a dermitolagist anyways. I don't want to pay for a dermotalagist visit if there is no reasoning behind it.



Anyone have any thoughts as to what could be causing my hair loss? or if it is worth the visit?



Hair Loss and Scalp Pain?

It is better to get it checked. Hair loss is caused by many reasons such as malnutrition, illness, tension and other health problems.It is normal to shed some hair each day as part of a cycle of growing new hairs and loosing some. Badly damaged hair breaks at the scalp. Check out http://usefulinfo-hairloss.blogspot.com/ for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment