Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wrapping hair?

I am have black, half white with VERY curly/frizzy hair. I straighten it with a flat iron and get it relaxed every 3 months. I wrap my hair at night too. The last time I went to a salon my hair stylist noticed some short hairs around my hairline. She told me to wrap it tighter around the hairline, so the hair could grow out and not continue to break. So I started to do that, but I have also put a cotton head band around my hairline to help. Recently I have noticed more hair around my hairline breaking off. is it because of the cotton head band?



Wrapping hair?

Hey chick!I know how you feel ,I am half and half to.I also a licensed beautican so trust me I know! I don't see how wrapping your hair tighter around the hairline could be of any help to you.Be aware that not all cosmetolgist are actually into "healthy" hair...so they will tell you anything...just to sound like they know something.Without seeing your hair myself I would take a guess that it could be the relaxer.Like I said I have that kinda hair too..Its to bad to be good but to good to be bad...know whatimean? We want the kink out of hair and want it to be super straight...so we throw a relaxer in there.What I have started doing is just parting down the middle and applying to just the thickest most waviest parts..and of course since i love it super straight i smooth some on the font.But in your case I wouldn't put any more on the front directly..just take smaller sections and iron it.Be careful not to use to much heat either.Always put a heat protection on before you blow dry or iron.And yes I would not be putting no dry cotton headband anywhere near my head if I were you.You can get one of those silk wrap scarves from the beauty supply near you.You can also try a protein deep conditioner.I like cholesterol myself.Anyway I think it is a combination of the headband and chemicals and lack of moisture..Thisty hair and scalp is not good...dryness will cause breakage too.I don't really like grease because I know that the scalp is alive and I wouldn't dare smother it with purposeless petroleum, but we do need something...I prefer olive oil.I hope this helps...stop tying it so tight at night girl!



Wrapping hair?

-do not use cotton or silk scarves/bands, they suck moisture out of you hair



-do use either 100% rayon, 100% satin, or another man made fiber scarf. Tip directly from my hairstylist! Report It



Wrapping hair?

It could be, but I would say that it's the fact that you are wrapping it that's making it break.



Wrapping hair?

Yes, you should try satin, or silk head wrap. When you are sleeping, tossing and turning your hair rubs against cotton, which will pull you hair out.



Wrapping hair?

Yes, the cotton headband is a very likely cause. Try something that is softer on hair, such as silk or satin.



Wrapping hair?

im pretty sure, since cotton is absorbent and probably drying out ur hairline, causing breakage.u shud try putting big pins in ur wrapped hair to keep it wrapped neatly w/o drying it. im not sure if u eva seen anyone do it, but is popular in urban salons in nyc.



im suggesting this because my hair is wrapped liked that everytime i go to the salon and you could always try this method.



you can also try somethin satin to help you wrap your with also, its a smooth fabric so it will cause less damage to hair



Wrapping hair?

put a little miracle grow grease in it before you wrap it and then use a silk scarf to cover it that should stop the breakage.

No comments:

Post a Comment