Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Trimming a toddlers hair?

so my question is, when should i trim my daughters hair? She is 20 months old and her hair is alittle past her shoulders wet, but dry it curls to her neck, i dont wanna cut it cuz it would get shorter of course and (not to offend anyone) but i firmly believe that a little girl should have long hair. I also have long hair. But anyways i dont think her hair is "old" enough to have damage to it, i dont use chemicals in it of course, just the childrens shampoo/conditioner and i use the glossy baby rubber bands when putting it up. I was just wondering when i should trim it to keep it nice and healthy.



Trimming a toddlers hair?

I am the same way with my daughter, I won't cut her hair either because I believe that all young girls should have longer hair, at least until they are old enough to decide for themselves. I wouldn't cut it. You said it's pretty and it's not a bother. You apparently keep your childs hair out of her eyes, since you did say you used the childrens rubber bands on her hair. I don't see the need for it. Good luck.



Trimming a toddlers hair?

a toddlers hair doesnt need triming its up to the parent, my son was 1 when i got his hair first trimed, however boys are different. you might want to take her to get it trimmed though so she gets used to hairdressers, so she isnt scared of them when she gets older.



Trimming a toddlers hair?

Yes,just a smidge each time. I do this with my little girl and since I started,her hair has looked really healthy and grown a lot this year. I primarily focus on keeping her bangs short so her hair always looks neat while growing long. I have this done on the average of every 2 months.



Trimming a toddlers hair?

I would just inspect it occasionally for split ends, and then only trim as much as you have to to cut them off. That isn't the same in any one person, so just keep an eye on it while you're combing or fixing her hair.



Also, after washing it, make sure you use a comb (not a brush) while it's wet. Using a brush can tear it. If you have trouble combing it, get a good detangler.



Trimming a toddlers hair?

Well I believe as you do, that women should have long hair well actually not cut their hair. I actually decided to trim my daughter's hair when she was a year old. The reason I finally decided to do it was because her hair was growing like a mullet. Long in the back and really short up front. Anyway, I took her to a salon especially for kids. They were great. They did a great job with her hair and now it's a great length and all growing at the same rate and same direction unlike before. If you want to do it go ahead and do it now. It will definitely help her hair grow out nicely!



Trimming a toddlers hair?

Both my girls have curly hair, and actually a very little trim helps it not be so tangley (my youngest looked like she had springs on her head, very cute), I get theirs trimmed every 6 months and have since they were about your daughters age, and have an actual beautician do it because you have to be careful with curly hair. My hairdresser did not charge much to cut my kids hair (I guess since she charges me so much haha)



Trimming a toddlers hair?

Whenever hair starts to look out of shape it needs to be trimmed. Sometimes a trim can put some life back into hair that you did not know was gone.



Also no one should absolutely HAVE long hair if it does not look good on them. My sister always starts to grow her girls hair out and then I cut it for them and they look a million times better polished and like little babies again. And they are blessed with the most gorgeous hair but it just does not look good long...they are tiny and have little faces so it drags them down. I recently cut my 2 year olds hair to her chin....what an improvement she also has a little face. Now my friends daughter is much bigger with a fuller face and her hair is adorable longer I wouldnot cut it yet. So it all depends on the girl.



Trimming a toddlers hair?

I got my daughters hair cut first when she was 7 months old. And my other daughter got her first haircut 20 months. Getting it cut for the first time is all when it needs done. You can just get a trim so it does not look stringy and uneven. And hair grows back. You probably should get it trimmed.



Trimming a toddlers hair?

i like my little girls hair long to.. but i still get it trimmed on occasion to keep it healty plus it gets her used to being in the salon and having someone touch her hair.....



Trimming a toddlers hair?

Oh I would leave it alone until she was two or three at the least. Dont cut those cut little curls off.



Trimming a toddlers hair?

Its just a matter of what you like and if you dont mind shampooing, removing tangles, and finding a way to fix it. And even more than that, how does your daughter fare in regards to having her hair pulled to remove tangles. Her hair definitely wouldnt be damaged by now considering you should only be using gentle shampoos on her hair anyway at her age. Rubber bands do however cause damage to the hair shaft. I guess if you have the time and patience to maintain her long hair, and she doesnt mind, then go for whatever style you like on her.



Trimming a toddlers hair?

Sounds like a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"



If you want her hair long, then don't cut it until it starts to show damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment